Importing…

Has that worked previously to today? Is the app in demo mode for some reason?

Weird.

I don’t think it has worked at all at any point in time.

Come on people……how do I fix this??? Is there a way for me to get a clean install of the app or a way to make sure I get rid of everything when I delete the app before re-installing?

I’m kinda stumped now. Again paging @MikeTadros.

So, you CAN import a DWG but can’t open or import a SKP files? Are these in the same location?

I’ve poked around the Files app and the Settings app for Files and SketchUp to see if there’s some permission thing and not finding anything there.

Try calling Trimble technical support.

I can import SKP files that are stored locally on the iPad, but not stored off in a cloud (such as google drive or One drive).

Are you importing from off the local? Which I believe is a known issue.

All 0f my files are ‘on my iPad’ in the SketchUp folder, which is setup when you install the app and save your first file.

I need some help ASAP as this is growing to be very frustrating and time consuming. I need to do some work.

There certainly shouldn’t be any problem opening a SKP file stored “on my iPad.” Any chance you’re not signed in? I’m running out of ideas. If by chance it’s an iOS issue, are you near an Apple store with a genius bar?

Have you tried going into the SketchUp folder directly and opening the file(s) you need by clicking on them? Not a fix but will let you use your files.

I know you’re trying to import into an open model without the copy/paste, but does the copy/paste work?

Copy and paste does work……

I removed the app from my iPad……moved all of my working files into a new folder ‘in my iPad’ and restarted my iPad. I then went to the App Store and reloaded SketchUp for iPad, opened the app, logged in, and opened a new model drawing….see the attached……nothing different.

Am I doing something wrong? Someone please send me some good advice and some insight as to WTF is going on.

I’m at a loss now. That should work. You need to file an official appeal to support.

How do I do that?

Try this for one:
https://help.sketchup.com/en/contact-support/technical-question/form

Yea, we can’t reproduce it, and we’ve tried a number of things that you show with the screenshots: dark mode, nested folders, etc…

Fill out that form, and maybe support will have other ideas in their database, but it’s very strange.

b

Since it’s the Files app, what version of iPadOS are you running?

Running iPadOS 16.4 which is the latest on a 5th gen iPad Pro 12”

The best way is simply to copy what you want imported an then paste in place. Cannot be simpler.