Importing Revit Files to Sketchup

So… this is a general question really, concerning importing Revit Files into Sketchup.

I can import IFC files, no problem, and they work well.

However, some of the suppliers I use, for products such as Wall Ties, only have the 3D Revit files, (RFA format).

I have e-mailed them to see if they can supply the DWG version, which I can use, but is there anyway, a way I am missing, of importing RFA files into Sketchup?

Many thanks

Mike

No. The RVT and RFA file formats are proprietary to Autodesk, so the only way is to export from Revit to a file format Sketchup can understand.

1 Like

Thank you @Anssi. Yeah, that’s what I thought. It’s just annoying sometimes when the manufacturers think that everyone in the world is using Revit.

2 Likes

Yep. Here in Finland, I think, although Revit has gained ground lately, that Archicad is still the bigger of the BIM contenders so many manufacturers deliver in the GDL format. A big problem with Revit and Archicad is that they do not talk well to each other.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.