Importing materials into sketchup pro

Hello, I am trying to get the most realistic kitchen renderings i can so we can select a design for my current project. The materials in the paint section are horrendous. 3d warehouse isnt much better. WOuld I be able to upload actual pictures of the actual materials we are considering?? Thank you in advance

Yes, use the import function or drag and drop.

2 Likes

In addition what @box said: the drag and drop is not supported (anymore) for Mac, only File->Import

EDIT: dragging and dropping of .skm files is not supported in MacOS, images(.png,.jpg etc will)
:confused:
If you want true ā€˜realismeā€™ for presentation purpose, use a Render plug in or program

works here?

is dependant on last import settings, but worksā€¦

john

Mmm, I might have an conflicting extension, will investigateā€¦
EDIT: I mixed up images with .skm

I downloaded vray trial to learn for rendering. will see how it works out. a friend put me onto a site called textures, said i could download more material there. is there a better site for that?

also another friend said sketchup isnt even the program i should be using for kitchens, he said rhino 3d is vastly superior. what do you guys think about that?

i can drag the image on my workspace but its not easy to manipulate . is there a way i can get it to work like the material in the ā€œpaintā€ tool?

If you explode an image you can use the eyedropper to suck it up to become a material.
or
When using the import dialog select Material as the option.

1 Like

perfect guys exactly what i was looking for . just had to play with the original image to crop it in a symmetrical way where when it tiled the lines would line up correctly