Importing CAD to SKUP - Lines everywhere

Hi there,

Wondering if anyone could help?
Thank you in advance. First time here.
Importing Cad to Skup, it’s working but the lines are kind of everywhere. How do I include pictures here so I could show you and give you a better idea of what I’m talking about?

Thank you Mihai. Here’s what my CAD file looks like when I import it to sketchup.

02032020 2ND FLOOR.skp (5.1 MB)

Hope you could help. It’s in multiple levels…

Did you draft this CAD plan or someone else? If looks normal to me. If you have access to the CAD file you may want to do some work on the front-end before importing into SketchUp to save yourself some heartache.

We recently launched an in-depth learning course dealing specifically with the CAD-SketchUp workflow. Take a look and let us know if you have any more specific questions - https://learn.sketchup.com/track/3-ways-boost-your-cad-3d-workflow

1 Like

It may be easier if you prepare your dwg file first. In AutoCAD use the Flatten command to bring all the lines to elevation 0.

Or, you could try to do in SketchUp (use arrow Up key to lock the move to Z axis)

Better still, Fix the Autocad drawing so everyone downstream does not have to fix that crappy drafting, whoever did the autocad drawing does not know how to Draft!