Importing a special character for 3D text

Dave, should I be looking in to obtaining BMP Tracer for bringing logos and images into Sketchup? Maybe I’m not far enough along in the learning curve to use it properly. I didn’t see it in the Extension Warehouse.

Hi Terry, the extension was never hosted in the Extension Warehouse and the link I have doesn’t show the extensions which makes me think the author has withdrawn it. Another option would be to use TIG’s Image Trimmer which is part of his SKM Tools. It’s available from Sketchucation.

As for whether or not you are far enough along the learning curve, I don’t know. I expect you’ve still got a few things to learn with the basic tools (I do, too) but that doesn’t mean you can’t or shouldn’t add another tool.

I think I found a font that has a collection of harvest related wingdings including a maple leaf. The font is KrHarvestDings-JZ7x.ttf

When I loaded the font in to my Windows Fonts directory I could access it via 3D text. Just copied the image from the character map instead of using keyboard entry.

Seems like it would work. Dave, I think you made reference to this kind of procedure in one of your first responses to my request.

Thanks for all the help.

That can certainly work. Chasing through thousands of fonts to find a usable shape seems a difficult way to go about getting it but if you can find one, that’s cool.