Impending Deadline - Locked Out of SketchUp For 24+ Hours

We have a major deadline tomorrow and we’re dead in the water. We’ve already submitted a support request ticket online. Posting this here on the off-chance that SketchUp support staff actually sees it. It seems to be some kind of internal licensing error, otherwise I’d ask for advice from fellow users.

Desperate for help.

The only self-help/life boat solutions I can think of are:

1. Make sure every machine has a copy of SU Make 2017 installed as a fall-back. You would need @eneroth3’s Open Newer Version extension to do that.
  2. Download and install a trial version of the Pro software with a new email and use that until you can get the official licensed version problem resolved.

sketchup shop, pro subscription or pro classic?

That’s not a terrible idea, but it only gets us half way to our goal. We would still need to make use of Layout to complete our presentation materials/deliverables. To say that this is an inconvenience is an understatement.

SketchUp Pro 2019. License was renewed just a few months ago. It’s nowhere near lapsing.

Ok, so a trial version of Pro then, perhaps? On another machine or drive if you have to?

I remember having a problem with PowerDraw (now PowerCADD) having a licensing issue shortly after I first started using it in 1989 and having to tell my boss,“Sorry, I can’t work today.” A new floppy disk would have to be FedEx’d to be up and running again. That said, they did answer the phone and respond right away.

What error do you actually see?

We finally got help! At this point, I don’t remember the exact message. It was some kind of user/license conflict. It’s resolved now. Thanks for the suggestions everyone!

1 Like