I zoomed out by mistake and now my drawing's disappeared

Hi all i zoom out by mistake and my drawing disappeared i tried zooming in and out but i can’t find it can anyone help me ?

in the meantime it freezed i had to force quit and it didn’t recover my file … i’m quite sure there isn’t a way to get it back but maybe someone knows how ?

Upload your SketchUp file or we can only guess at what is wrong.

in the meantime it freezed i had to force quit and it didn’t recover my file … i’m quite sure there isn’t a way to get it back but maybe someone knows how ?

Try hitting ShiftZ (zoom extents)

Did you save the file at some point?

No i didn’t , but i just realisei have an autosave function every five minutes ,i just can’t figure out where the autosave files are and if it actually did save it

See:

Best practice, though is to save the file early on and make periodic manual saves.

Thank you so much ! i think i found it i just can’t see as is zoom out how can i upload the file ? ( sorry i’m new here )

If the file is 3Mb or less, upload it by dragging it into a reply. If it’s larger than that, upload it to Drop Box and share the link.

Dropbox - maybe 1 .skp - Simplify your life hopefully that’s the file

Is this what you are hoping to see?

I opened outliner, right clicked on one of the components listed there and choose Zoom Selection. That got me to where I could see your model. Evidently there’s something at a vast distance from the origin. I didn’t bother looking to see what it is, though. I selected all in the model (Command-A) then held Shift and dragged a selection box around the model to deselect it. Then I hit Delete.

There are a lot of reversed faces in your model. You need to get in the habit of correcting them as you go. There’s also a load of ungrouped geometry. Learn about using groups and components. That will make your modeling much easier and you’ll be less likely to screw things up.

Also learn about the proper use of layers. you have loose geometry scattered about on different layers. It should all be created on and remain on Layer 0. Only groups and components (and text entities) should get other layer assignments.

2 Likes

YES THAT’S THE FILE ! thank you so much !!!
To be honest i didn’t understand half of what you wrote me, i’m new to sketchup only learned it on my own few days ago hopefully i will improve and i will take you advises thanks !

could you please send me the file ?

2 Likes

Try this:
maybe 1 fixed_.zip (2.6 MB)

Thanks again !!!

1 Like