Drawing gone missing

Hi

We have been working on some house plans and they just disappeared. The screen just has the axis on it and when I try and zoom in or out I can’t see my drawing anymore.

What can I do to get it back?

You’ll have to upload the file and someone might be able to find the geometry and the issue.

1 Like

Did you try zoom extents

1 Like

Had you been attaching leader texts to things in your model? There is a bug in versions prior to 2019 that can cause texts to swoop off to the edge of the universe when you edit the object they were anchored to. The SketchUp camera also moves away trying to show them, and everything else zooms down too small to see. If you can share the model, some of us can repair it if this is the cause. If you search the forum you can also find Ruby snippets that correct the issue.

House Plan 010919.skp (648.2 KB)

Go Zoom extents, shift z, you will see a line, delete the line, go Zoom extents again.

1 Like

Worked it out yesterday - thanks for all your help.

And I posted the answer within two minutes of you posting your model.

1 Like

Hi.
It seems that I have lost my drawing - It looks that I can’t zoom.
I have tried almost everything - all type of zoom’s, but my drawing is still missing. The file size is 41 MB, so there has to be somethig there. Is there anybody who have a good idea?
Here is a pic from my screen.

Here is my file: Dropbox - Untitled4.skp - Simplify your life

There are several things that can cause this kind of issue, and it is not possible to diagnose which from just a screen shot. If you upload your model file to a sharing server and provide a link to it here, people will pitch in to help.

1. you are viewing the model upside down.
  2. the “Thick line” in the middle of your screenshot is a collection of edges. One that I selected is 4014248052686349,0 cm long (about 40142480527 kilometers, a distance that takes you well out of the solar system) Select what is there by right-to left window (it reports 4 entities), press Delete. Then select Top view and do a Zoom Extents.
  3. The model still has something outside the main model area that can be removed by selecting all (ctrl-A) and deselecting what belongs to your model at the left bottom corner of your screen and pressing Delete.
1 Like