I want to install house builder in sketchup 2018

I am one of the authors…

1 Like

I beta tested " Framer " very nice, works with John Brocks " Estimator " needs a few fixes and should
be for sale soon. I will be first in line !

Aha, I did a bit more research and see that you were the master behind House Builder! if Framer is effectively a new version of House Builder with more features it looks like we are in for a treat!

Thanks for the info.

House Builder is not ‘mine’.
Its original author stopped developing it.
Its © allows for changes by others…
Didier Bur then made a metric version.
I then fixed both versions at SketchUcation - so they worked with the newer versions of SketchUp, and made RBZ versions for simple installation - plus a few minor glitch fixes…

Didier then started a brand new project [which is now called ‘Framer’] - it was to be cross platform and all units compatible, and customizable.
He dropped out before it was completed, and the then code’s owner John Brock asked me to finish many of the key methods and integrate it with his Estimator [which I have also had considerable input in its more recent versions].
Framer is now in beta testing [before it becomes commercial for $],
I expect that other methods or updates might have to involve other developers [perhaps as well as myself].
Both Framer and Estimator are not insignificant coding projects to develop, maintain and keep up to date…

2 Likes

Thanks for the i.e Tig!

I look forward to giving both Framer and Estimator a go I have been in touch with John regarding release of Framer and Estimator V2. If they are suitable for what I am looking to do (which I am sure they will be) I will upgrade to SketchUp Pro and purchase these extensions. Thanks for great work in advance!

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.