I want to install house builder in sketchup 2018

In SketchUp 2018 the extension manager is found under the Windows menu, it is no longer within preferences.

I thought I could find the HouseBuilder plugin in the Extension Warehouse but after searching nothing comes up.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I provided the links previously in this thread. They work just fine.

None of these iterations are in the EWH.
Can’t you see the links provided by Dave ?

However, a little more searching… and perhaps a few days’ patience could see a greatly improved version of similar tools becoming available…

I’m sure they are but what I find is the following:

I do see two links above but for HouseBuilder, one for Metric and the other for imperial but when I click on it I go to another Forum where I don’t see any links to download the HouseBuilder plugin nor the Sketchup Store Plugin.

I’m not saying there not there, but I can’t see them.

You need to sign up at Sketchucation to be able to download extensions from there. It’s a free membership.

Interesting when I clicked on it yet again I got the following “Oops! That page doesn’t exist or is private.”

Just go to Sketchucation, sign up and log in. You’ll be able to get Housebuilder and all sorts of other extensions that aren’t available from the Extension Warehouse.

The SketchUcation site the links refer to are fine.
However, they do need you to be a member of the site to login and download files from links…
It costs nothing to get a ‘free’ membership [read the rules about ad-blockers etc]
https://sketchucation.com/register.php
However. a modestly paid membership does have many advantages - read up about those…

Once you have downloaded the RBZ files you can install them.

But as I said before… they are quite old, and newer possibilities are under development. with beta-testing on the horizon…

Yes, it works for me now. Through the Extension Manager I can see HouseBuilder was installed but I don’t see it on the menu anywhere. Maybe I have to recycle my computer?

I was warned that it may not be compatible yet with 2018.
DaveR and TIG thanks for all your help. I appreciate all the time you have given me.

On a separate topic I’ve been getting these error on Startup.

Error Loading File HouseBuilder_extension.rb
Error: #<LoadError: cannot load such file – extensions.rb>
C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2018/Tools/RubyStdLib/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:54:in require'** **C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2018/Tools/RubyStdLib/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:54:in require’
C:/Users/Dave/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2018/SketchUp/Plugins/HouseBuilder_extension.rb:1:in <top (required)>'** **Error Loading File SketchUcation.rb** **Error: #<LoadError: cannot load such file -- extensions.rb>** **C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2018/Tools/RubyStdLib/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:54:in require’
C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2018/Tools/RubyStdLib/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:54:in require'** **C:/Users/Dave/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2018/SketchUp/Plugins/SketchUcation.rb:14:in <top (required)>’
Error Loading File su_advancedcameratools.rb
C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2018/Tools/RubyStdLib/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:54:in require'** **C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2018/Tools/RubyStdLib/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:54:in require’
C:/Users/Dave/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2018/SketchUp/Plugins/su_advancedcameratools.rb:17:in <top (required)>'** **Error Loading File su_dynamiccomponents.rb** **Error: #<LoadError: cannot load such file -- extensions.rb>** **C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2018/Tools/RubyStdLib/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:54:in require’
C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2018/Tools/RubyStdLib/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:54:in require'** **C:/Users/Dave/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2018/SketchUp/Plugins/su_dynamiccomponents.rb:25:in <top (required)>’
Error Loading File su_sandbox.rb
C:/Users/Dave/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2018/SketchUp/Plugins/su_sandbox.rb:26:in `<top (required)>’
Error Loading File su_trimble_connect.rb

I’m pretty sure it is something I did but I have no idea what and have no idea how to fix it.I do know by on the error messages that it has something to do with loading Extensions. It appears the problem has something to do with loading Extension at startup

Hi Tig

I am new to SketchUp so still figuring out how things work… I am keen to find out more about these newer possibilities you speak of… does it happen to be Framer from John Brock? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMxEsHaSqTk

I stumbled across this https://forums.sketchup.com/t/best-extension-for-building-a-house/1962/21 the other day while searching the WWW. Looks exciting! If this is not what you were referring to and someone else is working on another extension I am keen to hear about it. I am interested to see what the difference between Framer and Profile Builder is.

John Brock has Framer in beta testing now.

Yes I know, I read that in his post here Best extension for building a house? - #2 by pault728
Very exciting! Is Framer what you were referring to above? are you one of the beta testers?

I am one of the authors…

1 Like

I beta tested " Framer " very nice, works with John Brocks " Estimator " needs a few fixes and should
be for sale soon. I will be first in line !

Aha, I did a bit more research and see that you were the master behind House Builder! if Framer is effectively a new version of House Builder with more features it looks like we are in for a treat!

Thanks for the info.

House Builder is not ‘mine’.
Its original author stopped developing it.
Its © allows for changes by others…
Didier Bur then made a metric version.
I then fixed both versions at SketchUcation - so they worked with the newer versions of SketchUp, and made RBZ versions for simple installation - plus a few minor glitch fixes…

Didier then started a brand new project [which is now called ‘Framer’] - it was to be cross platform and all units compatible, and customizable.
He dropped out before it was completed, and the then code’s owner John Brock asked me to finish many of the key methods and integrate it with his Estimator [which I have also had considerable input in its more recent versions].
Framer is now in beta testing [before it becomes commercial for $],
I expect that other methods or updates might have to involve other developers [perhaps as well as myself].
Both Framer and Estimator are not insignificant coding projects to develop, maintain and keep up to date…

2 Likes

Thanks for the i.e Tig!

I look forward to giving both Framer and Estimator a go I have been in touch with John regarding release of Framer and Estimator V2. If they are suitable for what I am looking to do (which I am sure they will be) I will upgrade to SketchUp Pro and purchase these extensions. Thanks for great work in advance!

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.