I have a problem with scaling DC on axis Z (blue axis)

dinamikus 1 proba.skp (103.1 KB)

Hi
I’m using SU2015 Pro and have created a DC kitchen cabinet that is fully scalable in all 3 dimensions. It works fine when scaling on the X or Y axes but when I want to scale it to a pre-defined height ( defined by tape measure/line drawn) it won’t be the correct height even if it says “on line”.
Tried also to enter the height in the DC attributes LenZ field. eg. set 90 cm but when measured the model with the tape measure it was only 898.2 mm

Any ideas why this might be and how to go around it?
Thanks!

Please! Most important!!

I can’t explaination, but set the LenZ of the oldal components to be dependent on the LenZ of their Parent.

dinamikus 1 proba1.skp (102.2 KB)

Thanks a lot, Jim. You’ve saved me :wink:

You are welcome.

It must happen because of the way the Scale tool works. The Scale Tool allows the top and bottom boards to get thicker during a scale-up operation, and thinner during a scale-down operation.

When you release the Scale tool, the scaled height includes the thicker top and bottom boards. The thickening of the boards is not accounted for during the scale but only aftterwards when the component is redrawn and the boards get constrained to thier set values. When the top and bottom are redrawn to their constrained height, it brings down or up the total height of the component.