I can't use my sketchup

When I installed a plugin into SketchUp 2021 then this version cannot use, and show me the options on skipping and loading the extension, I tried to solve this problem by someone who posted the way on the forum, but it doesn’t work, so I use an old version 2020, but it cannot be opened suddenly, also the software disappear in my computer. I need help!

What plugin did you install? How did you install it? It’s strange that installing a plugin has made SketchUp not function at all.

The plugin’s name is SketchUcationTools, but I haven’t seen their teaching video, then added it to extension directly…. Please help

What do you mean by this? I would be happy to try to help but you have to explain things clearly since I can’t sit next to you and look at your computer.

If installed correctly, the Sketchucation Tools extension will not cuase Sketchup to fail to open.

Sorry, I make you confused. I added the plugin in one’s usual way,
open the Extension Manager and press the installing button, when finished this step, but I didn’t see it show into the extension list, then tried to quit the software and re-open it, and I got this problem.

Yes, After I knew that I made a wrong step on a part of the installation, how can I do for this situation? I have searched for the same problem on the forums, also follow their suggestion to do it, but it isn’t able to solve my problem…

Hope this time I can clearly explain to you. Thanks

Are you seeing a message when you try to start SketchUp? Can you share a screenshot of what you are seeing? Guessing at what you are seeing right now… and that’s not the ideal way to help you out.

Thank you for your reply. It show this warning box to me, I tried to do these options, when I press the loading button then it will automatically quit the software, If press the skip button, I would lose all of the extensions even if I tried to install it again, that situation is still to continue to exist.
Screen Shot 2021-12-06 at 11.59.47 PM

This is the download link to the RBZ for the current version [v4.1.3] of the SCF toolset - it should work on all supported OSs and SUp versions [>=v2.017] ?
https://sketchucation.com/pluginstore?pln=SketchUcationTools
You are drip feeding us vital information…
Here are installation steps in more detail…
In SketchUp, open Extension Manager > Install Extension button…
In the file dialog which opens find the RBZ you downloaded from SCF - usually in your Download folder [or wherever you told your computer to save it…
Select the RBZ archive and click OK…
The RBZ’s contents should automatically install for you in their respective loactions…
Restart SketchUp so that everything is synced.

If you have done something else when installing the RBZ you might now have some rogue files or subfolders of file in your Plugins folder…
Find those and delete them before attempting a clean installation as previously explained…
When installed it should only add a ‘loader’ file SketchUcation.rb and a subfolder named SketchUcation containing everything else the toolset needs…
If any of the SketchUcation subfolder’s files or files of nested subfolders are now loose in the Plugins folder then as it starts SketchUp will try to load them and cause all kinds of mischief…
The correctly installed subfolder’s contents should NOT match anything found directly within the Plugins folder itself - they are the rogues to go…
The good subfolder contents - screenshot from a PC, but MAC is much the same…

2 Likes