I can't see the lines on my PDF that I see in Layout

The 3D view looks great in the layout viewport, once I export into PDF, I can’t see any of the lines. In Sketchup I had to zoom in and out for some of the lines to appear. Also once I am in Layout and relink the file, the viewport is not showing the perfect lines of the SketchUp. I had to click on the viewport, unclick preserve scale on resize and click again. this fixed the viewport in Layout…but now the PDF is not showing the lines. see how it is showing in Layout and how it is showing in the PDF.

What version of SketchUp/LayOut are you using? Please complete your forum profile.

Can you share the LO file so we can see what you have to work with?

I am using Sketchup/Layout 2020. can I send the file directly to you?

You can send it to me via a private message by clicking on my name and then “Message”. Most likely the file will be too large to upload directly. If it is, upload it to Drop Box and share the link.

Sent! thanks Dave. I am looking forward to your response.

Hi Paula,

I opened your LO file and without doing anything to it, exported a PDF. The lines show in the PDF for me. This leads me to think that the issue is related to your graphics card and/or its drivers. It would be worth updating your graphics drivers from the manufacturers and then make sure the Nvidia GPU is set up to display SketchUp.

ok. thank you. I will see what I can do.

1 Like

What exactly is what you are showing in your screenshots? The “eroded” edges make me guess that it is not the original LayOut viewport but an image with the blurred edges added in another application (photoshop?).

@Anssi the model is being displayed using a sketchy style used for the viewports.

Hello Anssi, the first one is the Layout screenshot with a style that has the eroded edges. the second shot below is the PDF. Dave thought it was all set, but after he PDF the entire file, some of the pages are still showing no lines. he is still trying to help me. fingers crossed!

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.