I can't create a New project in Sefaira

I can’t create a New project in Sefaira and can’t add “Space Use”

Hi @karimrau,

Can you login to apps.sefaira.com >> open one of the Demo projects that comes pre-loaded into your account >> click on the Space Use Tab >> Save any template that you have on there by giving it a new name.

Then Re-upload your model to Sefaira and see if you can create a project?

Thanks @Experimental_Yogi !! good advice!
@karimrau
Are you a new user or have you been using Sefaira for a while?
Can you see spaces uses in any of your other projects?

1 Like

I’ll test that, thanks, but the best thing would be to know why I have this problem

Yes, I am a new user

@karimrau I am not sure why you are experiencing this but I suspect you might have had access to Sefaira through EDU or a trial in the past?

For some reason, the default space use templates (i.e., Office, Residential, School, Retail, Lab etc) are not showing up in your account and therefore you are not able to move forward with creating a project without them. For that very reason you have to save a template to your account, as outlined earlier in this thread, so that you can at least create a project with that template and then create your own space use templates thereafter.

Same thing happens to me, i have tried to load the sameple model but i cant even load the sample model, please help

@hzchew

Can you login to apps.sefaira.com >> open one of the Demo projects that comes pre-loaded into your account >> click on the Space Use Tab >> Save any template that you have on there by giving it a new name.

Then Re-upload your model to Sefaira and see if you can create a project?

1 Like

Hi , I have tried that way. It is not working. any work around?

@henny

Can you share a screenshot of the newly saved “Space Use template” when you open the demo project, and a second screenshot of what you see when you try creating a new project and click on the “space use” dropdown?

Hi @Experimental_Yogi ,

Following is the Screenshot of saved templated by opening the demo project from project shared with me tab.

And i go to space use tab and tried save a few template.
side note : the saved templates is disappeared if i refresh the browser.

After that, from my sketchup desktop app, i upload the model to sefaira and try create new project.
But unable to do so , refer the following screen shot.

Can you advise me , where went wrong and if i missed any steps?
Also, i am a new user. I do not have any existing project files in my account/ sefaira web browser.

Thanks and Regards,

Henny

Thanks for sharing those screenshots @henny. I don’t think you’ve done anything wrong. Can I ask one last thing for you to check. Would you mind, logging out of the web app, and preferably your Sefaira plugin >> close SketchUp >> log back in to the Sefaira plugin >> upload model to the web application and check to see if the newly created templates show up in your space use dropdown?

Hi N-Jay,

I have tried. still can’t access the space use drop down.

How i did, my steps

1. Logged out Sefaira from the Web Page.
  2. Logged out Sefaira plugin from the desktop application.
  3. Launched SketchUp application and uploaded the model.
  4. Tried created New Project from Web Application.
  5. The spaceuse drop down is still empty and unable to use.

I have a user with the exact same issue as what Henny is finding - creating space uses does not show in the new project area despite being created.

I have a suspicion that their “primary” account which contains their space use templates, they no longer have access to. They don’t have the option to change between multiple accounts.

update : I’ve replicated the issue. I revoked my own subscription and reassigned it - the 2 accounts that showed are now gone and I have no option to switch. I no have no space useage.

1 Like

Hi, @Elmtec-Adam and @henny. Since there seems to be an issue with the newly created space use templates not showing up when attempting to create a new project, it may be necessary for the Sefaira development team to investigate further. @corney and @vladimir_bajic regularly monitor this thread, and I believe they should be able to provide an update shortly.

2 Likes

HI Henny,

would you mind trying clinking on the following link to access the page where you should be able to move all of your projects and space use templates from your old account to your current active account.

https://admin.sefaira.sketchup.com/

Let us know if you are not able to access this portal.

Thank you!

I am having the same problem - it started when mysteriously all my projects were not listed as “my projects” they were there as “shared” with me. I’ve read through all the attempts to fix this and nothing works for me either.
So for now I’m not able to use the web ap for new projects only past.
Thanks

I don’t know how often this thread is monitored but this issue stops me from working on new projects completely. Is there any other way to get some assistance to resolve the issue?
That would be greatly appreciated.

Hi @pneumann
there are a few people that have been affected by this issue but I would recommend you submit a support ticket anyway just in case it’s something different.
have you submitted a support ticket?

Thanks for your note – I didn’t know that was an option and very glad to give you any information that will help diagnose the issue. Where do I submit the ticket and should I include screen shots etc?