I cannot save my file in sketchup pro 17

hi people of internet, i am using google sketch up 17, 2017, pro version and i am unable to save my file on my desktop. whenever i press save and it pops up this text:

Results of Validity Check.
*** Problems were found that could not be fixed! ***

The entity at address 259f060 has an invalid id (0) destroyed (0)

i hope you guys can help me out. thank you so much.

regards
edmondsoon

The validity check runs when saving to see if there are any low level technical errors in the model. to me knowledge the file saves anyway, even if the validity check feedback appears to suggest otherwise.

okay thank you eneroth3
but the thing is i am just too scared to exit it so i just leave it there and let my lappy sleep

Copy and paste all of it into a blank model and see what happens then.

omg thanks box
how can i not think of that :upside_down_face:

thanks box it all work out
:smile:

unhide everything and switch on all layers before doing this.

You can check the modified date of the file, and even open it in a separate instance of SketchUp to make sure it’s the latest version. Copying entities can be used to, but be aware that this doesn’t include styles, scenes, empty layers, unused component definitions, currently hidden entities and probably even more things that I can’t remember right now.

I have seen this when the model has a component definition that references itself. It happens when you import a component that has been saved inside a SketchUp model with the same name as the component itself.