Validity Check Errors - No Solution Works

I have Sketchup Pro 2017 installed and am getting the following error message on attempting to save:

Results of Validity Check.
*** Problems were found that could not be fixed! ***

The entity at address 29c2e570 has an invalid id (0) destroyed (0)

I have tried:

1. Purging components;
  2. Copying and pasting all to a new file;
  3. Deleting components 1 @ time;
  4. Saving to a new files name.

I have read all the posts relating to this issue (there are many!). No suggested solution works. Anybody made any progress/discovery regarding the issue?

Perhaps someone from SketchUp (@TheOnlyAaron ?) could enlighten us about this error message. I got this when I had foolishly managed to create a component that contained a component with the same name.

Please pardon my rant! This touches on one of my pet peeves about SketchUp.

That error message (and others like it) have always frustrated me because they provide no information that is useful to either the user or to Trimble itself! The memory address of the entity is specific to a single run of SketchUp on your computer. Neither you nor Trimble can use it to identify what entity was actually defective, hence to understand when or where the problem may have come about. You don’t even know if it was an edge, face, group, component instance, or something else! It also isn’t clear what the two zeros in the message really mean. If the offending entity has an id value of 0, that must have been set by the software someplace, so couldn’t they trap it as it happens? And what on earth does “destroyed (0)” mean?

1 Like

Well said my friend.

Yes, an entirely useless error message: no explanation of what, why or where the error occurs. Who cares about the (transient) memory address - we need to know what the error was and why it occurred - so we can fix it. But no way to investigate it further due to lack of useful information about the triggering event.

(Kudos for the “rant” - without a bit of ranting now and then these issues will likely not be addressed).

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.