How to transfer my templates from layout 2017 to layout 2018

Cant seem to find my templates files in the layout 2017 path described in the Layout/Preferences/folders/templates section. Where did these guys go? Also not sure where to put them for layout 2018. Thanks in advance for any help.

I have my templates and libraries out of the Sketchup folders.(network drive)…IMO is better this way to keep them safe and updated.

1 Like

This is where my 2017 templates are kept. You can just paste and copy to the equivalent 2018 folder.

Thx Flino, I was just wondering about that for the future. Good advice!

Thx Simoncbevans! Got it. I was going down the wrong rabbit hole on the drive to old versions of SU.

Thanks simoncbevans. Unfortunately I do not have the root folder “Library” at the same level as Music, Movies, Pictures, … Is this a folder that was created by SketchUp? I am running Windows 7.

Simon uses a Mac so his folder structure is entirely different. In a Windows machine the templates you create are stored in C:\Users\Your username\AppData\Roaming\SketchUp\SketchUp 2018\LayOut\Templates and the templates installed by the application are in C:\ProgramData\SketchUp\SketchUp 2018\LayOut\templates.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.