How to select groups

When I create a group Sketch-up highlights a box around the new group, but if I deselect the group I then can’t find or re-select the group, could you tell me how to find and select existing groups, please?

A single click with the Select tool will select the group. If it’s not, share the .skp file so we can see what you’ve got.

By the way, it would help if you would complete your profile with operating system and graphics card information as that helps us help you.

AFAIK new empty groups are not saved.

1 Like

Ah… I didn’t catch that. I presumed that there was some geometry selected before the group is created. Maybe not in the OP’s case.

I just guessed. Having never actually made new components or groups in this way I had to check. Creating a new component draws a small highlight box around the origin you define, a new group doesn’t. If you exit from their context before adding any geometry, they are not saved.

1 Like

What do you mean by ‘empty group’?

I have a line which looks like one continuous line but is actually several lines end to end. I’m trying to join them into one single line or make them into a group so that I can select them all with one click rather than selecting each of them.

I thought you’d already create the group.

How about sharing your SketchUp file so we can see what you’ve got?

I’m new myself, but this would be the ‘weld’ function, right? Right click on all the selected lines and choose weld to make them into one unit? Though then they’re one unit forever, not a group.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.