How to move viewport on multiple pages?

Hi community,

I have a layout file with many pages and on every page the same sketchup model is shown but with a different scene. So when I switch from one page to another, I can see different aspect (=scene) of the same model (that does not move), which is pretty cool.

But I have a problem when I want to change the part of the model, that I want to show on every page, because all sketchup models on all pages are independent: Is there a way to connect some sketchup models in layout, so that when I move the view of one model on one layout page, all other views on all other pages / models get moved identically?

Thanks for you help and cheers!
Christoph

The correct way to do this would be to set up scenes in SketchUp for each view you need to show in the LayOut viewports. From your description, it sounds like all of your views use the same camera position. If you decide to change the camera position later, you can update it in SketchUp for all the scenes and then, when you update the reference in LayOut, that change will be made to all the viewports. This does require that you avoid modifying the scenes in LayOut so that the viewports remain linked to their scenes in the SketchUp model.

Thanks for your input! I will try it and give feedback how well your idea works out :slight_smile:

Hi, I tested it and it works like a charm! Thank you very much!

1 Like

Good deal.