How to locate a model on sketchup 32 bits?

Since there is no Google Location Model for Sketchup 2016 and earlier, users of 32 bits versions are suddenly out of a great tool that Sketchup once offered to the users in general.

As an architect I need a tool that easily locate my model, for sun light purposes the most. I use SU 2015 on a laptop, and I prefer win 7 32 bit due my system characteristics.

Any alternative?

You should still be able to set lat/long in Model Info/Location. For shadow studies that’ll be adequate.

Oh that works!

I am very grateful.

And I must retire my comment that users are not able to locate a model. Sorry for that.

I sometimes miss the old built-in list of locations that was there in the pre-Google versions of SketchUp to aid “manual” location before the map-based system was introduced.

the original black’n’white snapshots from ‘google earth’ desktop where @last as well weren’t they?

on a mac they used an Apple script to take a screen shot…

I recall hearing or thinking or believing it was partly to enhance Googles interest in buying them out…

but my memory can play tricks…

john

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.