How to improve my house?

Hi guys, I’m am a beginner in modelling in SketchUp. Can you improve my house project? I would like to make an access to the house, and make a second floor and roof. Thank you :smiley:
This is the file: http://bit.ly/1sHyfP4

If you show us what you’ve managed to do so far, we can give you some suggestions for things you can do to improve it. Upload some screen shots.Or do you want to hire someone to do the work for you?

1 Like

Hi, I want something like this

Looks like you’ve done a pretty decent job already.

1 Like

Yep, thank you. But I need to improve it :wink:

Look, now it’s very different haha

Ah… Well do what you did on the first floor and make a second floor. Then add the roof the same way.

Thanks, I will do it. And how can I make the entrance to the home?

It sounds to me as if you need to learn more about the basics of using SketchUp. Maybe you should work on some easier projects first. Learn to walk before you try to run.

1 Like

DaveR is correct as usual. It is admirable to jump in and start with an ambitious project, but taking the time to learn some of the basics is key. If you have any specific questions or are having a problem with something, please feel free to ask. We are here to help.

If I were you, I would look through some of the many tutorials available on the internet. There is the official SketchUp knowledge center and the official youtube channel to start with but there are plenty more guides out there.

Again, if you have a specific question, please ask. I would love to help you in any way I can on this.

1 Like

Thank you guys, really :wink:

I continued to work on it, and now this is the house

So that’s coming along pretty nicely. You might find it easier to work in SketchUp if you set the camera to Perspective model. It’ll look more like what you see in reality.

Thank you! Now it’s almost completed. What do you think? Bye

Very nice. The biggest thing I would recommend for you next would be some landscaping. A few trees, some bushes and a few landscaping rocks go a long way to make the model feel more “alive.” There are plenty of options on the 3D warehouse and a few extensions designed to help out with landscapes. Finally I would recommend adding a few of the 2D people for scale. again, there are plenty of these on the 3d warehouse.

Also, you might want to consider hiding the line on your grass. I find that it creates a much more natural looking lot for the house to sit on.

Overall it is a great start. I look forward to seeing your future work and posts.