How to get the scale of a model

In layout, What i want to do is getting the scale of my model and automaticly update it in a table if i zoom in or out in layout.

As I can get some info from a component, I would like to get this scale.

This way, I won’t send a plan or elevation with a wrong scale.

Thank’s to you.

Martin

It may be begging the question, but why are you zooming in Layout. Are you opening into a window? If so, you shouldn’t. Best practice is to set up the scene you want in SU, export it to LO choosing the appropriate scale, and leave it at that.

2 Likes

Yes most of time I prepare my view in SU but sometimes I quickly edit a new view for details or else didn’t expect.

Anyway, it’s easy to miss to update a scale .

Le mar. 15 oct. 2019 à 09:52, simoncbevans via SketchUp Forum sketchup@discoursemail.com a écrit :

As far as I know, this doesn’t exist in Layout.
You would have to somehow link an autotext to a specific sketchup view to do that and there is no apparent way to do that.
After I saw your post I tried the label tool in hopes that it might give as a selection the scale of the model but no. just definition name and area.

Well ok but it’s not a good idea. As soon as you open a window, you break the link between the SU file and the LO one. That means that if you update the SU file, it will no longer be reflected in the LO one.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.