How to edit an imported .OBJ or .FBX Textured Mesh File

I have imported a small set of textured mesh in .obj format that is made up of several components (lot of geometry). I can right click and edit large component in order to select the smaller random components and then delete. I would like to know how to cut a uniform square area out of the mesh. Here is a screenshot of what the import looks like with one of the non-uniform components deleted. Please let me know what tools will allow me to complete this operation. Thanks.

Am I reading this right? Did nobody answer this? I would put a square outside the area you want to cut out, double click to select its bounding edges and then make it a group, edit the group and extrude the square hole where you want it to go, then go outside the group and explode it (making a big retangular bar go through where you want it), intersect faces (with model? context?), then run solid inspector and delete the resulting internal geometry, then go back and delete the parts of the model I don’t need.

1 Like

What program did you use for this photogrammetry? Or how did you get the mesh?

The textured mesh was obtained from Nearmap.

Not sure if I understand the question entirely as the solution to me seems simple. To remove a piece of the mesh, first create the shape you want to remove and make it a group.

Then place it inside the building mesh group and with the mesh and shape selected…right-click and choose ‘intersect with selection’.

Then you can select, group and delete or hide the piece you don’t want form the larger mesh.