How to correct Load Errors when SketchUp starts

Seasons Greetings Everyone

Although I am able to open SU 2015 and operate with few apparent issues, an annoying quirk has begun to occur. Each time the program is initiated a dialog box indicating multiple load errors pops up. Most of these appear to be associated with two extensions (Visualizer and Twilight Render). These add ons were successfully incorporated into SU 2014 without the load error pop up and only showed up after upgrading. I made it a point to include all of the add ons that I had used in previous versions of SU after confirming their compatibility.

A screen shot is included to illustrate the problem - it’s a dual monitor setup so the image on the right side only is referenced.

The dialogue box reads as follows:

Error: #LoadError: 193: %1 is not a valid Win32 application. - C:/Program Files/Imagination/Visualizer for SketchUp/Windows/IRExtension20.so [MY NOTE HERE - BRACKETS WERE REMOVED FROM PREVIOUS STATEMENT SO IT WOULD BE INCLUDED] - <LoadError: 193: %1 is not a valid Win32 application. - C:/Program Files/Imagination/Visualizer for SketchUp/Windows/IRExtension20.so>
C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2015/Tools/RubyStdLib/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:45:in require' C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2015/Tools/RubyStdLib/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:45:in require’
c:/program files/imagination/visualizer for sketchup/scripts/cv_imgtecvis.rbs:42:in <module:ImgTecVis>' c:/program files/imagination/visualizer for sketchup/scripts/cv_imgtecvis.rbs:29:in ’
c:/program files/imagination/visualizer for sketchup/scripts/cv_menus.rbs:30:in eval' c:/program files/imagination/visualizer for sketchup/scripts/cv_menus.rbs:30:in require’
c:/program files/imagination/visualizer for sketchup/scripts/cv_menus.rbs:30:in <main>' C:/Program Files/Imagination/Visualizer for SketchUp/Scripts/cv_loader.rb:27:in eval’
C:/Program Files/Imagination/Visualizer for SketchUp/Scripts/cv_loader.rb:27:in require' C:/Program Files/Imagination/Visualizer for SketchUp/Scripts/cv_loader.rb:27:in <top (required)>’
C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2015/Tools/extensions.rb:197:in require' C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2015/Tools/extensions.rb:197:in load’
C:/ProgramData/SketchUp/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp/Plugins/ImaginationVisualizer.rb:74:in register_extension' C:/ProgramData/SketchUp/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp/Plugins/ImaginationVisualizer.rb:74:in <top (required)>’
Error: #<NoMethodError: undefined method irapi' for ImgTecVis:Module> c:/program files/imagination/visualizer for sketchup/scripts/cv_menu_commands.rbs:43:in module:ImgTecVis’
c:/program files/imagination/visualizer for sketchup/scripts/cv_menu_commands.rbs:30:in <main>' c:/program files/imagination/visualizer for sketchup/scripts/cv_menus.rbs:33:in eval’
c:/program files/imagination/visualizer for sketchup/scripts/cv_menus.rbs:33:in require' c:/program files/imagination/visualizer for sketchup/scripts/cv_menus.rbs:33:in ’
C:/Program Files/Imagination/Visualizer for SketchUp/Scripts/cv_loader.rb:27:in eval' C:/Program Files/Imagination/Visualizer for SketchUp/Scripts/cv_loader.rb:27:in require’
C:/Program Files/Imagination/Visualizer for SketchUp/Scripts/cv_loader.rb:27:in <top (required)>' C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2015/Tools/extensions.rb:197:in require’
C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2015/Tools/extensions.rb:197:in load' C:/ProgramData/SketchUp/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp/Plugins/ImaginationVisualizer.rb:74:in register_extension’
C:/ProgramData/SketchUp/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp/Plugins/ImaginationVisualizer.rb:74:in <top (required)>' Error: #<NoMethodError: undefined method irext’ for ImgTecVis:Module>
c:/program files/imagination/visualizer for sketchup/scripts/cv_menus.rbs:115:in <module:ImgTecVis>' c:/program files/imagination/visualizer for sketchup/scripts/cv_menus.rbs:35:in ’
C:/Program Files/Imagination/Visualizer for SketchUp/Scripts/cv_loader.rb:27:in eval' C:/Program Files/Imagination/Visualizer for SketchUp/Scripts/cv_loader.rb:27:in require’
C:/Program Files/Imagination/Visualizer for SketchUp/Scripts/cv_loader.rb:27:in <top (required)>' C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2015/Tools/extensions.rb:197:in require’
C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2015/Tools/extensions.rb:197:in load' C:/ProgramData/SketchUp/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp/Plugins/ImaginationVisualizer.rb:74:in register_extension’
C:/ProgramData/SketchUp/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp/Plugins/ImaginationVisualizer.rb:74:in <top (required)>' Error Loading File C:/Program Files (x86)/Twilight Render 2/20/TwilightLibV2.so Error: #<LoadError: 193: %1 is not a valid Win32 application. - C:/Program Files (x86)/Twilight Render 2/20/TwilightLibV2.so> c:/program files (x86)/twilight render 2/init_twilight.rbs:19:in require’
c:/program files (x86)/twilight render 2/init_twilight.rbs:19:in <module:TwilightLoader>' c:/program files (x86)/twilight render 2/init_twilight.rbs:3:in ’
C:/Program Files (x86)/Twilight Render 2/twilight2_loader.rb:2:in eval' C:/Program Files (x86)/Twilight Render 2/twilight2_loader.rb:2:in require’
C:/Program Files (x86)/Twilight Render 2/twilight2_loader.rb:2:in <top (required)>' C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2015/Tools/extensions.rb:197:in require’
C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2015/Tools/extensions.rb:197:in load' C:/ProgramData/SketchUp/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp/Plugins/twilight2.rb:15:in register_extension’
C:/ProgramData/SketchUp/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp/Plugins/twilight2.rb:15:in <module:TwilightLoader>' C:/ProgramData/SketchUp/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp/Plugins/twilight2.rb:4:in <top (required)>’
Error: #<NameError: uninitialized constant TwilightLoader::Twilight>
c:/program files (x86)/twilight render 2/init_twilight.rbs:21:in <module:TwilightLoader>' c:/program files (x86)/twilight render 2/init_twilight.rbs:3:in ’
C:/Program Files (x86)/Twilight Render 2/twilight2_loader.rb:2:in eval' C:/Program Files (x86)/Twilight Render 2/twilight2_loader.rb:2:in require’
C:/Program Files (x86)/Twilight Render 2/twilight2_loader.rb:2:in <top (required)>' C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2015/Tools/extensions.rb:197:in require’
C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2015/Tools/extensions.rb:197:in load' C:/ProgramData/SketchUp/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp/Plugins/twilight2.rb:15:in register_extension’
C:/ProgramData/SketchUp/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp/Plugins/twilight2.rb:15:in <module:TwilightLoader>' C:/ProgramData/SketchUp/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp/Plugins/twilight2.rb:4:in <top (required)>’

Does anybody have an idea as to how to fix this? Any help will be very much appreciated. Thanks.

I have not loaded 2015 yet waiting for all the bugs to get sorted out but , working ok in older versions given the major change in 2015 is no assurance it should be ok. I would remove those plugins and re-download and make sure they are noted as being ok for 2015. Conversely if you still have the older SU still installed you could use that when those are needed.

Thanks for the advice Mac, but the plug ins were re-downloaded after installing SU 2015 and confirming compatibility as indicated in my earlier post. I have all prior versions of SU residing within my system all the way back to version 8, and I’m aware that I can resort to using one of the older versions, but that sort of defeats the purpose of upgrading to the current version. I would think that the solution lies in knowing what programmatic steps should be taken relative to the coding within the relevant file folder. Of course, not being a programmer I am not conversant with such information.

One of the primary reasons I upgraded was to take advantage of the newer version’s ability to better handle larger files. Much of my work results is sizable drawing files and realizing that these could be broken down into more manageable units, it can be confusing to consultants or clients if the files are viewed independently. SU 2015 seems to handle these files adequately.

OS is Win7, 64 bit
SketchUp Pro 2015 v15.2.685 64-bit

From SketchUp 2014 to SketchUp 2015 were no changes that should affect Ruby extensions (only additional features added to the Ruby API).

There are several load errors from Twilight and Visualizer, when both attempt to load binary libraries (error says “not a valid Win32 application”). These libraries contain some of the plugin’s functionality in faster compiled code (C/C++) rather than Ruby. However, in contrast to Ruby, binary code is processor-architecture-dependent! Different architectures are for example Intel 32bit and 64bit (also called AMD64) and ARM. While an 64bit operating system can run both 64bit applications and older 32bit applications, it is not possible to run them mixed in the same process (like the SketchUp.exe process).

That means in SketchUp 2015 64bit you can only run extensions that have been updated to include binaries for 64bit architecture. If these mentioned extensions have not been updated for 64bit, they can only be run in the 32bit version of SketchUp 2015.

3 Likes

Hello Aerilius,

Thanks for so clearly illuminating the issue. It seems that the advice received from Mac7595 was on point, after all. I will remove the Twilight Render extension and the Visualizer extension as, unfortunately, it appears that neither supports the 64bit version. I’m reluctantly eliminating Visualizer because that program quickly generates competent renderings.

You can still model in SU15, save the file for SU14 and use the extensions in SU14 to render until the developers update their extensions for SU15.

Good point. Thanks…I hadn’t thought of that. As it happens, both plug ins seem to be working fine even with the load errors, so I may just leave well enough alone and avoid the hassle.

Visualizer and Twilight both work without error in SU2015, 64bit.
Make sure you have installed the latest versions, and that they are correctly installed, and that you have installed the correct one, Twilight has a 32bit and a 64bit version…
Best to remove any old versions and start again.