How to alter the copy of a group that contains multiple instances of the same component?

Pizza Oven Modern-1.skp (760.5 KB)

Hello, I created a brick and mortar arch using components. I want to make a copy of the completed arch and then alter that complete arch by making it 1/2 the thickness of the original. when I make a copy I can alter the mortar components separately from the original but not the bricks as those seem to still be connected components between copies.

I cant seem to figure out how to make the two copies unique?

Model created in Pro 2021

Thank you

Hi Rick.

Not quite sure what you want to do.

Wanna look together?

sure Dave

Good morning

Thanks for that Rick. Good learning experience for me regarding brick pizza ovens.

Recap regarding your original question: Excessive nesting of components including the individual large brick components each being in a group got in the way of things. Best approach would be to explode the top level component for the whole arch and then each of the groups containing the Firebrick components. Select those Firebrick components and make them unique to split them off from the bricks in the original arch.

Limit how much nesting you create. Deep nesting can create more work and in some cases confusion.

Good luck with the oven build. Let me know when it’s finished and I’ll bring some pepperoni. :slight_smile:

Thank you Dave and yes we will have to make a day of pizza once it is done!!!

1 Like