How do I join these 3 curved lines to create a smoothed edge?

help

I have tried with Curviloft but it does not create the polygons equally, 1 corner always dominates and it gives it a linear look. Is it possible with a better plugin or with default tools? Thanks.

Sure, I’m also going to try just putting a sphere inside, see what that looks like.
1.skp (49.0 KB)

That could work, to be honest I prefer uniformity and accuracy over smoothness that Curviloft provides. Thanks, I’m going to do it to my own model now.

Would re-making it from scratch work? Maybe push-pull an arc from the top down, then follow-me an arc around the top edge?

Could you demonstrate? I don’t know exactly how to do what you’re saying, sorry.

I’m not sure how but I just moved the corner on 2 axis, is it possible to move the corner on all 3? Then it should give the result I want.

The effect I’m looking for is the same thing Curviloft can do, but with Curviloft 1 of the corners dominates so the polygons are not uniformed the same way that your triangle polygons were. I am essentially looking for uniformity. So the polygon in the centre must have 3 sides all the same length. I think it might be possible with arcs on an angle but I don’t know.

Alanay:

If you just want a round corner:

1. Make an arc at the top:

2. Then Push-pull it down all the way:

3. Make the same arc around the back side:

4. Then preselect the top edge using shift with the select tool:

Then go to Tools: click "Follow Me"
Then click on the small corner surface created by the new arc.

Then use Eraser plus either Option for Mac or Control for PC to soften-smooth out the corner.

Is that the result you’re looking for?

Yes and thank you for the detailed explanation! :heart_eyes:

Let me know how that works out for you. I skipped a few pictures to be concise.

It worked but I checked and the polygons are not the way I want it, that’s fine though. I doubt any client 1 day will actually care. Thank you both for your help, this short thread has actually helped me learn a few things.

The trouble with not knowing what we don’t know is not knowing precisely how to ask for it. We all do that, it’s part of the process.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.