How can I delete a piece of a component?

In making a drawer, I have the sides and rails. All four have a dado drawn into them for the drawer bottom to slide into. So how can I remove the section of the back rail from the top of the dado down so that the bottom can be slid into the box? I’ve tried making the back unique and then using the push/pull tool to accomplish this. It works but leave a line down the center of the drawer back. When I try to erase the line, I end up erasing then entire component. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance
Jeff

do you have nested components? sounds like you’re attempting to erase a line in a component not open for edit. Post a model of the drawer box.

Have you drawn joinery for the drawer box corners? How about sharing the SKP file so we can see exactly what you have?

That is what I should have done but dumb me got frustrated and deleted the drawer part of the model. I redid it. And before I created the component for the drawer I copied and flipped it to create the rear rail. Then I edited the rear rail to get rid of the unwanted portion. I’m still not sure I did it right. I’ll post the model and wait for comments. Thanks Dave.
Now to figure out how to post a model sigh…
Jeff

Click on the Upload button, 7th from the left in the row of buttons above the message window where you type your message.

3 Dwr Base cabinet 3DB36.skp (64.2 KB)

OK, Let’s try this. Thanks.

Seems to work. I’ll look.

I see issues with the way you built your drawer. For example the drawer sides component contains loose geometry for both of the sides. This isn’t efficient for working on the model and if you were to want a cutlist from your model, it would tell you that you need a hunk of wood that is 3-1/2 in. thick, 22 in. wide, and 33 in. long which would be rather wasteful.

Did you get me PM?