History file not found

I’ve been using SFTW for several years now and have always been able to go back to earlier versions of a model in the past (no pun intended!). until recently. But now I can no longer do so for any models - old and new. I can see that there are previous versions - gives me a count - , but when I try to look at/retrieve them I get this error message “Something went wrong. The history for this file could not be found”. If I try through Trimble Connect any previous version just returns an empty screen. Nothing actually loads. I have no problems opening and working with the current/latest version and UNDO works, but I can not just load entirely an earlier version. Please help!

What happens if you sign in to Trimble Connect? Can you open earlier versions that way?

What operating system are you using? “SketchUp for the Web” is not an operating system. What browser are you using?

In Trimble Connect, it shows me a list of previous versions, but if I try to open any i just get a nothing back. No errors, but mothing loads either.

I’m on Windows 11 and using Chrome. I get the same results with MS Edge.

Please correct your forum profile.

Can you download the earlier version and then use Open from Device to open it? That works in SketchUp Go. I can also open a file from History directly within SketchUp Go. I wonder if there’s been a change that doesn’t allow hobbyist user to access the history. Or maybe you need to clear browser caches.

Problem solved! It was a cache problem, after all. I cleared the browser cache (and rebooted for good measure) and my history files are back. Not sure why I didn’t think of that. Thank you for all the help.

1 Like