Hi, I’m on sketchUp pro 2020

Hi, I’m on sketchUp pro 2020 but my Mac is too old to upgrade to access to the 3D warehouse as from June 30. Is there any other way that I can extract 3D warehouse items as I’m only upgrading my computer in September. Thank you

Go to the 3D Warehouse in your internet browser and download the Collada version of the components you need. Extract the .dae and materials folder from the downloaded .sip file and then, in SketchUp import the .dae file.

1 Like

You can also download models as newer versions of skp and use eneroth plugin to be able to open them with your skp version.
https://extensions.sketchup.com/extension/39811dd4-8f44-4aed-bd20-c83f196c55b1/eneroth-open-newer-version

1 Like

I think her plugin only works on Windows, IIRC. You can, if you still have a current subscription, use the web version, Shop, to open the newest files and save them back to earlier versions on your machine locally. Not ideal, but it does work. I have used that when going between iPad and SU 2020.

1 Like

Thank you everyone - I will look into this

Hi Dave,
Thank you for your time sending this.
I tried the attached file but it only shows Load into Model.
Load this directly into the SketchUp model. It does not have this drop-down menu option.
Or do I have to sign into online SketchUp pro for the web and sign out from the desktop?

Will this drop menu be available from June 30th when this deactivation kicks in?
Regards,
Yolanda

To get that option you need to do as I wrote and go to the 3D Warehouse in your internet browser, not using the 3D Warehouse interface in SketchUp.

It worked! Thank you very much :slight_smile: