Help the skp and skb file are damaged

I try to open the skp and skp file and it says it can’t open the document.

I need your help to recover the document
@DaveR @colin @rtches

URB VILLA T.skp - Google Drive, URB VILLA T.skb - Google Drive

The model is very demanding, but does open eventually. Took maybe 10 minutes to open on my work PC, still waiting for it to finish opening on my Mac.

The model has over 17 million edges. I’m not sure why it needs that many.

Wow, I’m probably working in the wrong way, what do you recommend so that it doesn’t happen to me again? If I manage to recover, can you send it to me?

Are you using a cracked version of SketchUp 2021? That might have an impact.

Wow, I’m probably working in the wrong way, what do you recommend so that it doesn’t happen to me again? If I manage to recover, can you send it to me?

no, sketchup pro 2021 license

Hi @colin, do you think you have an answer for me? It’s very urgent, please, I really appreciate your help.

With 17 million edges, you need to put your model on a diet! Look for highly detailed objects and either delete, simplify, or replace them with simpler. Huge bloat like this is usually the result of loading too much decorative stuff into the model from the 3Dwarehouse.

I understand, but I need to recover the file because when I try to open it it tells me that the document cannot be opened. You can help?

It opened for me with SketchUp 2024. Maybe time to upgrade so you can open it and clean it up.

What happiness🥹 Do I have to pay another license to be able to use the 2024 version?

Can’t you delete the objects that are in the labels called deco and see if that will open it for me?

I think it would be good before making a criticism to give a solution and explain what the error is so as not to comment on it again… I ask, what solution do you give me to be able to open the document again? Can you send it to me in a way that I can open it?

I noticed that on my computer, your unpurged model caused SketchUp to consume about 17GB of memory. Unless you shut down everything else before opening it, you may be causing the system to start thrashing to disk, which will make everything very slow and could make you think SketchUp has crashed.

A large portion of the bloat in your model comes from a few kinds of decorative items: plants, furniture and clothing items. Assuming you can open the trimmed down model @DaveR generously provided, start by avoiding such detailed examples of this kind of thing. Whenever you find an item in the 3DWarehouse, download it to a separate blank model and examine its statistics to see whether it is overly detailed, and other aspects to see whether it has flaws such as incorrect size or extent.

3 Likes

thanks for your time

Thank you for your explanation, it is very nice to read that even if you are not being paid, you can have pleasant answers that teach a lesson. I will keep it in mind from now on, happy day.