Help! Geo-location and 3D Warehouse screen is blank

I just download the sketchup make and the geo- location tool and 3D Warehouse are showing blank search results.

Nothing appears. I’ve tried to re download it but still not working.

I don’t see how this could be an update issue with Google maps like everyone is talking about because it hasn’t worked from the beginning.

I have windows and I have strict security settings on my PC. I’ve cleared the cache and cookies. I doesn’t give me an error message so I assume it connects to the internet.

Please advise.

Make sure that your Internet Explorer is up to date because this browser is used by Sketchup independent of your default internet browser.

Thread url please, so I don’t have to go searching? Google doesn’t support IE8 or IE9 if you’ve never updated on Win7 (who’s default is IE8). More info (OS version, browser version, try opening 3D Warehouse in IE (Windows) or Safari (Mac), etc, etc…).

I use firefox as a browser. Still running windows 7. I opened it in windows and was able to see make. Took a section and when I grabbed it. I got this error message.

The address wasn’t understood

“Firefox doesn’t know how to open this address, because one of the following protocols (skp) isn’t associated with any program or is not allowed in this context.
You might need to install other software to open this address.”

If I turn my settings to high, I can disable Add Location. IE says that High, for the Internet, is Appropriate for websites that might have harmful content. If you want to use our services, a tiny bit of trust that we’re not harmful is required.

-b

As Cotty indicated, all programs that access the web use the browser that comes with the OS - in this case, IE. Update IE to the latest version Win7 supports and clear the cache and cookies in IE.

I’ve tried lowering the internet settings allowing all cookies etc and restarted the PC. Didn’t work.

I already have the latest IE version and no updates needed. clean cookies etc

You don’t say whether you can access the warehouse directly from within IE?