Gully's wishlist resurrected

Here is what you posted:

Your signature is three times as long as your post. It does more than simply let people know who you are–it beats them over the head with who you are–over and over. I don’t like looking at it on the forum website, and I wouldn’t want to receive it in my email. It’s like you barfed all over my thread, and it’s not even relevant to the thread in the first place.

If you weren’t aware that this is what your email signature looks like, now you are. You should probably interact with the forum directly via the website so you can see the effects of your posts.

-Gully

Hello @Tom1 and @Gully_Foyle,

Tom, please edit your post, as it goes against our Forums Guidelines to Keep It Tidy:

Make the effort to put things in the right place, so that we can spend more time discussing and less cleaning up. So:

Don’t start a topic in the wrong category.
Don’t cross-post the same thing in multiple topics.
Don’t post no-content replies.
Don’t divert a topic by changing it midstream.
Don’t sign your posts — every post has your profile information attached to it.
Rather than posting “+1” or “Agreed”, use the Like button. Rather than taking an existing topic in a radically different direction, use Reply as a New Topic.

You may also consider deleting your post and starting a new thread. That would tidy it up a bit.

Feel free to populate your profile with information, links and details about your company, but including the “sign off” is cluttering, a bit spammy and distracting. You do great work, so definitely make sure you put those details on your profile. Also, as a suggestion I would only link to each of your webpages once, like for example one link to your Facebook page…etc.

We would be willing to share your work and help get you more visibility, but let’s do it the right way. If you want us to share your work/designs on social media you can do a few things:

1. Provide us with the 3D Warehouse link/URL to your model and also describe and explain a little bit about it, why you like SketchUp and your process. (PM or by tagging SketchUp on Social Media)
  2. Tag us in your Facebook post by first doing the “@” sign and then typing in SketchUp, or using “tag”. Again, also describe and explain a little bit about it, why you like SketchUp and your process.
  3. Post on our Facebook wall with a link to your website/video or where your work is published. Again, also describe and explain a little bit about it, why you like SketchUp and your process.

We can’t or won’t guarantee that we will post it on our Social Media handles. We love showcasing work from the community, however we get many many inquiries and submissions.

@Gully_Foyle , This is a great list and you put a bunch of time and effort into it! We care about what you have said, and I PM'd you to continue the conversation a bit.

Being positive and constructive can be powerful and people respond to it better. Remember, Always Be Civil. Thanks all! :slight_smile:

I don’t post to much, mostly read and learn, but well said Gully. Steve

I would say just move over to Autodesk 123D because at least they have a nice angle dimension feature.

I also would love the math Function in the VCB. Fredo tools has it in their plugins. Maybe you should hire him.

1 Like

I moved a post to a new topic: CREATE COMPONENT dialog box

This should be good too: Quick Alignment