I just want to thank you

SU has been my go to modelling software since version 7, and I have been until recently an evangelist (and often times defender, in certain professional circles) of this software which in effect revolutionised CAD throughout the world. For me it was, and still is, very easy and intuitive to use. Coming from a composite CAD graphic design and fine art background, it was capable of manifesting my ideas on most occasions - but increasingly, this is becoming less the case. With a changing focus in my work the elephant in the room (an inability to process even moderately high poly count and edge count models) has become so big it is preventing me from even opening the door to start some jobs. I was willing to persevere, in the hope that at some time in the not too distant future things would improve on that front. But the attitude of the controlling organisation with regards to licensing demonstrates to me that this will likely never happen. So together with the subscription debacle, this has forced me to embark on other unwanted learning curves with more capable software - on which I will now focus.
I am saying this here as I want to thank all of the members of the forum who have been among the most gracious and generous someone could ever (not) meet. It has been uplifting to see some genuine luminaries chime in occasionally, which shows the scope and value of the software and pays homage to the original developers. You have all helped me (mostly unknowingly of course) greatly over the years, and for that I am grateful. Good fortune to you all.

8 Likes

Despite your predilection for the bending of bananas you have been an asset to the forum, so thank you for your well considered answers and comment. All the best with what you move to and I hope you still visit when you can and fill us in on your progress.
Cheers.
P.S. I would say pop in when you are down this way but I suspect it will be a long time before the great banana barrier is dropped.