Lately, I’ve noticed odd behavior in SU. The issue stems from simple operation during an SU session, whereby after highlighting and deleting elements in a file, and then subsequently highlighting new objects for manipulation, I either have:
My cursor selection box appearing away from where my clickspot is on the screen, which causes me to have to cancel the current operation and try re-selecting again.
A “ghost” version of the previously selected elements appearing then disappearing, during a new operation.
As I said, this is a recent issue, meaning that during the whole of my time using SU, I’d never experienced this before. Annoying as it is, nothing appears to be corrupted in the file, and i say this because after it started initially, with one of my files, I assumed something was nozzed up, and started a new file, but even that new file is having the same problem.
To troubleshoot, I performed the following:
- Experimented with styles, reverting to default, creating my own, but the issue remained.
- Created a new blank template file, thinking the file I was using was corrupted somehow
- Tried turning features off and on, such as hidden geometry, but that too made no difference.
I have about 5 files right now, that I have recently created and all of which have this problem, but this is not to say that all of the files have some sort of anomaly in them because I’ve done purges and error checks to them all and they are clean. I would expect this problem to occur with really large files, but the files I have, including the latest, are rather small in size and don’t contain any weird geometry either.
I realize this is a long-winded post, but I really didn’t know how I could properly convey the issue without explaining everything properly, as well as laying out the troubleshooting I’ve done.
Maybe someone has had this problem, maybe not, but if anyone could shed some light on the problem, I’d be very grateful.