Geo location not working properly

Hello,

When I try to use Geo Location, the view is a “Street View” instead of a “Google Earth”/terrain view, but I’m not sure how to change it to the topographical terrain view. I can add a location and select a region, but it will not show it as terrain, only as a street view. Can anyone please help me with this? Thanks.

Are you using SketchUp 2017 Make? If so, the map is all you get now. It’s working as designed.

Geo-location has not used Google Earth for years and effective a few months ago, SketchUp no longer uses Google Maps for terrain and satellite views and the terrain and imagery is only available for SketchUp Pro.

By the way, your profile indicates you are using 17.0.xx. You could upgrade to the current version which is 17.2.xx

Thanks for the reply. I just read that the change took effect at the end of May 2017 That’s really disappointing as I was, in fact, importing terrain contours from Google Earth just a few months ago. Is there no workaround to be able to do this anymore? Please let me know. Thanks.

Niggling point: Not Google Earth.

Yes. There is. Buy a license for SketchUp Pro. It still won’t be terrain from Google. It’ll be from Digital Globe.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.