General SketchUp Question

1)the textures in your model use the SKM extension, which is a compressed file. Su gives you the capability to create your self a library of those you are using and once you have that you can use the standard file explorer and get a idea of the size a specific material contributes to model load. Once you find the large ones unzip the large ones and make changes if possible. Usually I have found in the past you will have around 10 materials in a poorly structure warehouse model and you maybe be able to reduce file size many MB;
2) If you select a component instance in your model it can be easily replace it by a component from the component browser, even a motor cycle if you want. It will go into to your model at the scale and orientation of the one replaced. The cleaned up replacer should be from the browser which may save some time. You can even use proxies this way
3) You should post your model we cannot make suggestion about ghosts except with a shot gun
4) Log into sketchucation .com select tutorials and search for how pro builds a house , 3 parts some what old but maybe helpful to you.

1 Like

Thank you. I will look for this

Enroth and TomTom have some extensions related to textures, materials in warehouse may help you also. I removed all materials and textures from you model ( make copy first) and size dropped down to 100MB much less than I was guessing and probably means all the components you have are major contributors.
Model looks very nice, some nits but not worth your time to fix now;
Make sure you understand the code requirements in your locale as you are using info from this for you build? I was an inspector some time ago and they can throw you a curve some times. They may give you some info if asked:
Naming of components will help you vs just the numbers?
Plans for foundation, framing ,second floor cap and roof?
Good Luck

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.