[Feature Request] Free App

I’d really like to see Sketchup Mobile Viewer given for free on app stores, with In-App purchases Pro features (import and upload models, measurements, sections, views etc.)

So you want us Pro users to pay for you?

Anssi

Actually I’m a Pro user.
I would pay even 19,99$ if just one of my requests will be implemented.
The other point is that I’d like to see this Viewer on iPads in schools and see children playing with it. Skethup mission is 3D for everyone, isn’t it? :slight_smile:

wouldn’t it be more educational for the students to be able to model on a computer than simply view a model on an iPad? (And computers probably used more than iPads)
I have no problem with paying for the iPad viewer if it allowed me to load models from dropbox rather than everything through the warehouse.

Well, it depends by the situation, assignments etc. Generally speaking I believe that having more options is always better.

Dropbox integration would be perfect, but it implies major redevelopment of the app or of .skp files.

Being able to upload a model from Dropbox, mail attachments or whatever to 3DW, directly from the iPad, would be a good (or temporary) workaround, but sketchup mobile viewer development seems really really slow…

[quote=“quantj, post:4, topic:2144, full:true”]
wouldn’t it be more educational for the students to be able to model on a computer than simply view a model …[/quote]

Students could explore ancient historical sites which may no longer exist. This might be in Social Studies or History classes, where it is not likely that CAD Modeling would be taught.

So far, every Feature Request made for the Mobile Viewer has also applied to the Desktop Viewer, also

[quote=“marcodileo, post:1, topic:2144, full:true”]
I’d really like to see SketchUp Mobile Viewer given for free on app stores, with In-App purchases Pro features (import and upload models, measurements, sections, views etc.)[/quote]

Problem is that even the “basic” edition costs to develop and maintain. Some App Store sites charge a review fee each time the app is submitted (or updated.) Other sites charge a yearly merchant fee.

Everyone should contribute based upon what features they use.

So, I am not opposed to in App paid upgrades, … or higher priced Pro editions.

Exactly.
Moreover, since we’re speking about strategy too, why don’t you make Desktop Viewer available on OS X/ Windows App Stores?
Would be a lot more easy to install for users or clients that approach to 3D for the very first time.