Faces attached need help!

Hi all,

Apologies if this has been covered already but I can’t seem to find an answer anywhere. My model when I push/pull seems to be connected by some hidden geomtry so when I try to move the face the other faces move with object which

is quite strange. I have attached a photo to show what I mean

Sorry, I can’t quite figure out from your image what you mean. Could you upload your skp file so we can take a look? Pushpull extrudes a single face in a direction perpendicular to the face. It shouldn’t drag any adjacent geometry along.

Maybe those surfaces are connected by hidden geometry? You can turn on “Show Hidden Geometry” as a check whenever you suspect that.

1 Like

I don’t know if I am allowed to upload the file I’m afraid. Here is another image which might show what the problem is!

You are editing geometry in the Buildings layer, and being in its own layer doesn’t isolate it from geometry in other layers, even if they are currently hidden.

All geometry should be in Layer0, and then you make groups or components, which can be placed into other layers. Geometry inside one group is isolated from geometry in another group, even though both sets of geometry are in Layer0. In other words, don’t use layers as a way to isolate geometry, use groups or components.

Your screenshot shows you’re using Layers aka Tags incorrectly.
See these video tutorials.

SketchUp Training Series: Components

SketchUp Training Series: Layers