Face Filling an Irregular Object Face Plane

I have never spent so much time trying to figure out how to do something I assume is so simple. If I owned a gun I’d be dead by now.

I have created a compound radius triangular column (see sketch). I need to make the three sides opaque. That is I need to fill them in (i.e., not a wireframe as shown).

I have spent six hours reading and watching tutorials and still have no clue how this can be accomplished.

Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

You should upload that part of your model. It’s difficult to see the orientation of the lines with just one image.

Cotty,
Thanks for the suggestion. I didn’t do so originally as I thought it was simple enough to understand. My apology.

It’s simply a curved column which is triangular in horizontal section and has a smaller triangle at it’s “waist” (midpoint).

Nevertheless, I have attached the simple file if you’d like to take a look, and thanks again.

Chip

Triangular Column.skp (100.9 KB)

It just a matter of stitching lines from one endpoint to another. If the model is symmetrical top to bottom, you need only do half and then copy and flip the other half.
Use the eraser with ctrl to soften the edges.

Shep

Thanks Shep. However, when I get done filling it in per your instructions and the erase the segmentation lines to make it look un-segmented like you did, the face plane fills disappear leaving the wire model exactly as it was…(i.e., open). Can you please tell me what i am doing wrong?

My typo, That should be eraser while holding the ctrl key.

Shep

Incredible. Six hours of research for something I just knew would be a simple two button five second operation. I didn’t read or see that in ANY of the verbal or video tutorials I read or watched and I did a ton of both.

Thanks VERY much Shep.