For a while I’m imagining a functionality/extension and I’m wondering if something like this already exists or if it would be technically possible to build.
In short: the functionality would ‘lock’ a ‘relation’ between objects (components, faces or edge). If you then change one of the objects, the other one would automatically follow (or after pressing a ‘refresh’ button). I know it’s possible to do this with DC’s, but I’m imagining something more simple, like this:
- You select cube A (or another object) and then another cube B.
- You press a button that ‘locks’ the distance between cube A and B along the green axis.
- If I now move cube A along the green axis, cube B would simply follow (B always follows A, not the other way around).
- You select cube A and another cube B.
- You press a button that ‘locks’ the top side of cube A and cube B.
- If I now increase the height of cube A (along the blue axis), the height of cube B increases by the same distance (B always follows A, not the other way around).
It would be great if this would also work when objects are part of a different group or component.
In case something like this exists (or can be build) I see many powerful possibilities, so I’m curious what your thoughts are! Thanks a lot!