Extension "Create Layout File From Scenes" generates Warning Symbol

In SketchUp Pro 2022 and 2023 I use the SketchUp Extension “Create Layout File From Scenes”. Which has worked remarkably well until today. Now I am getting a warning symbol (yellow triangle with an exclamation point In the middle.) Further, the generated layout file continues to generate the “spinning blue wheel” which will not go away thereby preventing any productive work. The warning symbol appears in the lower right hand corner of the image as well as next to the SketchUp model export mode i.e. “raster”. Attached is a PDF, the layout file and the SketchUp file.

Please help!
export To Layout screen capture.pdf (1.1 MB)
J-403 Floor Plans.skp (2.9 MB)
J-403 Floor Plans - Tabloid.layout (2.6 MB)

In Layout, open File > Document Setup > References. There is only one .skp file listed here in red text and it is listed as “missing”. Click on that file once to select it then click Relink in the buttons below, navigate to the correct .skp file on your hard drive and press open in the lower right to relink your Layout file to the correct SketchUp model file.

Where is your model file stored when you use the extension? I wonder if the missing reference is caused by using a cloud service to store the file.
The LayOut file worked OK for me, with the reference showing “out of date”, fixed by selecting the Update option.

sure enough, as soon as I relink the files It resolve the issue.

Thanks!

1 Like

You’re right, the file was stored on the cloud server and was not updating to my hard drive. That was the problem once re-linked it resolved.

Thanks!

Best practice would be to keep the SketchUp and other references on the internal drive with the LayOut file. It’s also less likely to result in corrupted SketchUp model files.