When I export my drawing to jpeg it appears as a wireframe even though I have shadows and textures selected in view. SKUP 2014
It might be Graphics Card issue.
Do you have the latest drivers installed ?
What is your OS and GC ?
Look at your SketchUp Preferences > OpenGL settings and try different combinations of those settings and see if that helps…
OS is 64 BIT
AMD Radeon HD6630M and Mobile Intel ® HD graphics
Computer is Intel® Core ™i3-2310M CPU @2.10GHZ
I know I need to find the sketchup preferences from windows but just cannot seem to find it yet.
Also what are GL settings.
In SketchUp: Window -> Preferences -> OpenGL
there are three checkboxes to play with…
There are couple of possible things happening here;
- SketchUp is launching using the integrated Intel instead of the ATI and is then unable to use Hardware Acceleration
- If this is the case, you might need to look into settings for your ATI card to be sure it’s used by SketchU
- SketchUp IS using the ATI card, but the drivers are out of date.
- Try updating your video card drivers by getting the most current available from ATI’s website
- The video card is damaged or doesn’t support OpenGL, unlikely but possible
- Turn off Hardware Acceleration and see if the issue persists.
To turn the Hardware Acceleration option off:
- Open the “Window” menu.
- Click “Preferences”.
- In the left pane, click “OpenGL”.
- In the right pane, clear the “Use Hardware Acceleration” check box.
I am in the AMD Catalyst control centre. how do I check the settings to see that sketch up 2014 is using it?
I found it under Power! Hallelujiah! I hope this works!
Oh great! Unfortunately I don’t have an AMD so I was scrambling to find any information on AMD’s site about it. Unfortunately it’s different between NVIDIA and AMD and seemingly different between versions as well. I hope that gets you going. If all else fails, turning off Hardware Acceleration is an interim solution to get results.