Im new to Sketch-up. I downloaded the program , dragged it into my applications folder and when I open it I get an error message it isn’t recognized. Any ideas greatly appreciated
Are the icons of SketchUp OK, or do they have a slash through them? Where’d you download it from? If it wasn’t from http://www.sketchup.com/Download/all redo the download.
Your description omits some steps so I’m not sure whether or not you did them. The full process is:
- download the installer .dmg
- double-click the .dmg to mount it. An icon should appear on your desktop
- double-click the icon to open the installer package. This should open a window on the desktop with a sketchup Icon and an applications folder icon.
- in that window drag the sketchup icon onto the applications folder icon. After a moment you should see a progress bar telling you filed are being installed.
- when the install complete, close the installer window and the eject the .dmg