Error in loading my plugin in SU 2017

I am trying to load my plugin in SU 2017 (macos) but I keep receiving errors in the loader file for several, but not all, require statements. The plugin is working fine in SU 2015.

The typical error is the following

Error: /users/xxxxxxx/library/application support/sketchup 2017/sketchup/plugins/mct-tools/loader.rbs:58:in `eval'
/users/xxxxxxx/library/application support/sketchup 2017/sketchup/plugins/mct-tools/loader.rbs:58:in `require'
/users/xxxxxxx/library/application support/sketchup 2017/sketchup/plugins/mct-tools/loader.rbs:58:in `<main>'
/Applications/SketchUp 2017/SketchUp.app/Contents/Resources/Content/Tools/extensions.rb:197:in `eval'
/Applications/SketchUp 2017/SketchUp.app/Contents/Resources/Content/Tools/extensions.rb:197:in `require'
/Applications/SketchUp 2017/SketchUp.app/Contents/Resources/Content/Tools/extensions.rb:197:in `load'
/Users/xxxxxxx/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2017/SketchUp/Plugins/mct-tools.rb:20:in `register_extension'
/Users/xxxxxxx/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2017/SketchUp/Plugins/mct-tools.rb:20:in `<module:RG>'
/Users/xxxxxxx/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2017/SketchUp/Plugins/mct-tools.rb:4:in `<top (required)>'
  • All the rb files are encrypted with the SU scrambler. AFAIK, this has not been updated since release
  • I require the various rbs files with, for example, Sketchup::require File.join(RG::PLUGIN_PATH, "cfd_case")
  • All the require are in the main module

I was reading that there could be some issue with the encoding, but I checked the project settings in NetBeans and the encoding is set to UTF-8

Any suggestion?

You are not showing the actual error message, just the backtrace.
And it might help to see "loader.rb" line 58 of there about.

That’s the weird thing. The full message is just a repetition of what I reported. These are the first three (from top):

Error: /users/ruggiero/library/application support/sketchup 2017/sketchup/plugins/mct-tools/loader.rbs:58:in `eval'
/users/ruggiero/library/application support/sketchup 2017/sketchup/plugins/mct-tools/loader.rbs:58:in `require'
/users/ruggiero/library/application support/sketchup 2017/sketchup/plugins/mct-tools/loader.rbs:58:in `<main>'
/Applications/SketchUp 2017/SketchUp.app/Contents/Resources/Content/Tools/extensions.rb:197:in `eval'
/Applications/SketchUp 2017/SketchUp.app/Contents/Resources/Content/Tools/extensions.rb:197:in `require'
/Applications/SketchUp 2017/SketchUp.app/Contents/Resources/Content/Tools/extensions.rb:197:in `load'
/Users/ruggiero/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2017/SketchUp/Plugins/mct-tools.rb:20:in `register_extension'
/Users/ruggiero/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2017/SketchUp/Plugins/mct-tools.rb:20:in `<module:RG>'
/Users/ruggiero/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2017/SketchUp/Plugins/mct-tools.rb:4:in `<top (required)>'
Error: /users/ruggiero/library/application support/sketchup 2017/sketchup/plugins/mct-tools/loader.rbs:59:in `eval'
/users/ruggiero/library/application support/sketchup 2017/sketchup/plugins/mct-tools/loader.rbs:59:in `require'
/users/ruggiero/library/application support/sketchup 2017/sketchup/plugins/mct-tools/loader.rbs:59:in `<main>'
/Users/ruggiero/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2017/SketchUp/Plugins/mct-tools.rb:20:in `register_extension'
/Users/ruggiero/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2017/SketchUp/Plugins/mct-tools.rb:20:in `<module:RG>'
/Users/ruggiero/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2017/SketchUp/Plugins/mct-tools.rb:4:in `<top (required)>'
Error: /users/ruggiero/library/application support/sketchup 2017/sketchup/plugins/mct-tools/loader.rbs:60:in `eval'
/users/ruggiero/library/application support/sketchup 2017/sketchup/plugins/mct-tools/loader.rbs:60:in `require'
/users/ruggiero/library/application support/sketchup 2017/sketchup/plugins/mct-tools/loader.rbs:60:in `<main>'

The corresponding lines in loader.rbs are

58 Sketchup::require File.join(RG::PLUGIN_PATH, "cfd_case")
59 Sketchup::require File.join(RG::PLUGIN_PATH, "cfd_domain")
60 Sketchup::require File.join(RG::PLUGIN_PATH, "cfd_monitor")

Did you hand-edit those reports by any chance? Or have you tweaked the MacOs folders? I notice that the first three lines have non-standard case on folder names (all lower vs CamelCase).

Oh, I see what you mean. Didn’t notice. I haven’t changed anything deliberately. It’s actually the first time that I actually use 2017.

I just checked in Finder and they are all CamelCase. Also from the Ruby console:

puts File.join(RG::PLUGIN_PATH, "cfd_case")
/Users/ruggiero/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2017/SketchUp/Plugins/mct-tools/cfd_case

I have tried to re-install SketchUp 2017 from scratch, but the problem does not go away.

I don’t think it is an issue with the installation of SketchUp. More likely a problem with compatibility between your Ruby code and the Ruby version embedded in SketchUp 2017. As @DanRathbun requested, could you perhaps share a few lines of your loader code from around line 58?

It’s really a long list of require

# Additional gems
required_gems = ['net-ssh', 'net-scp', 'net-sftp', 'webrick', 'aws-sdk']

required_gems.each do |gem_name|
  found_gems = Gem::Specification.find_all_by_name(gem_name)
  puts "Checking gem: #{gem_name}"
  if found_gems == []
    Gem.install(gem_name)
  end
end

require 'net/ssh'
require 'net/scp'
require 'net/sftp'
require 'aws-sdk'
Aws.use_bundled_cert!

Sketchup::require File.join(RG::PLUGIN_PATH, "utils")
Sketchup::require File.join(RG::PLUGIN_PATH, "data_field")
Sketchup::require File.join(RG::PLUGIN_PATH, "aws")
Sketchup::require File.join(RG::PLUGIN_PATH, "analysis")
Sketchup::require File.join(RG::PLUGIN_PATH, "cfd_case")
Sketchup::require File.join(RG::PLUGIN_PATH, "cfd_domain")
Sketchup::require File.join(RG::PLUGIN_PATH, "cfd_monitor")
Sketchup::require File.join(RG::PLUGIN_PATH, "colormap")
Sketchup::require File.join(RG::PLUGIN_PATH, "comfort")
module RG
  $VERBOSE = false

@app_observer = nil
  unless file_loaded?(__FILE__)
end

could the problem be with actual files being required and not with the loader?

It seems to be related to the scrambling. The unscrambled version works just fine.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.