EP_Fastener plugin with sketchup make 2017 or 2015

Hello,
I am located in France, so we use 0,0 instead 0.0. And it is 0.0 that gives the following error:
‘0.0’.to_l
Error: #<ArgumentError: Cannot convert “0.0” to Length>

:in `to_l' :in `' SketchUp:1:in `eval' I will try to find where to change region stting to use "." as decimal separator or if can do that inside sketchup when using inches measurement Thanks
1 Like

Hi McGordon
Thank you very much for this suggestion and tries to do!
It was the root cause of my problem, now it’s solved.
So i need to change this regional parameter each time I want use EP Fastener.
Thanks every one for your help.
Regards
Eric

2 Likes

Here the result with EP_Fastener and correct region parameter setting!!!
So EP_Fastener works correctly only with English parameter that use “.” (dot) as decimal separator!
Thanks to McGordon

3 Likes

Hi guys!
May you tell me how set correct region settings?
I’m using Windows 10.
I set “UK” settings on control panel, but I’m still getting error when using EP plugin on Sketchup 2015…
Thanks.

I can’t help you with Win 10 settings, but if you think you’ve set it make sure you restart SketchUp after you change them. SketchUp will only read the settings when it starts up.

Check which one SketchUp is using by pasting this in the Ruby Console then pressing return:
Sketchup::RegionalSettings.decimal_separator

and this too if you like:

Sketchup::RegionalSettings.list_separator

You should see a full stop “.”, then a comma “,” if SketchUp thinks that you’re using UK settings.

Mmh… I obviously restarted Sketchup as PC, but here commands response:

Sketchup::RegionalSettings.decimal_separator
Error: #<NameError: uninitialized constant Sketchup::RegionalSettings>

:in `' SketchUp:1:in `eval'

Sketchup::RegionalSettings.list_separator
Error: #<NameError: uninitialized constant Sketchup::RegionalSettings>

:in `' SketchUp:1:in `eval'

I don’t know why…

What version of SketchUp are you using? Your profile doesn’t say. If its older than 2016, RegionalSettings won’t work. Just do the tests as above in this thread:

0.0.to_l

0,0.to_l

The 0.0 should work if you’re using UK locale. One of them will give an error.

Hi elberto.

I Don’t need to change all regional settings (here France) but only the symbol used for decimal separator.
So I keep my regional setting except this decimal separator change to “.” (dot)

You need to go to Windows Parameters => Time and Language (Voice, Region, date) => Associated Parameters (Parameter for date, time and regional) => Regional (modify date, time and number format => Regional (Additional parameters) => Choose “Number” folder and change “Decimal Symbol” to “.” (dot)
With this setting all is fine for me with EP_Fastener ad I can keep my regional setting except for decimal separator