Empty file sketchup model

Would these be some of your components?

There are plenty more buried in the file.

@KristineRayco

The model space is empty.

I saved the 51 component definitions in the file to a local collection.
Then I brought them all into a new file using @TIG’s Import ALL from Folder plugin.
The 51 components are just little bits an pieces, doors, plants and whatnot.

There is no house as shown below in the model AR5-mbcde-SKP3D-rayco.skp thumbnail…

1 Like

@Geo Thank you very much. I lose hope and I think that the file really is empty and I cannot fix it. However, I just want to ask what might be the problem is that this happened and that my model disappeared. And why does the thumbnail of the house still show?

I really appreciate your help.

@Box
Yes, that is included in my components.

Unfortunately, whatever deleted your model contents did not leave a “smoking gun” to prove how it happened.

The thumbnail is an image that is generated when you save your file. It is not tied back to the model contents afterward.

1 Like

The SKP might well have left you in good condition - hence the house in the thumbnail.
The thumbnail is made as the SKP file is saved,
But when it was processed to be stored on Google-Drive it might have been corrupted somehow…

As I said before at least the thumbnail shows the previous contents, so your Prof would be very hard-hearted to reject the working [purged/fixed] version you offer him shortly afterwards…

Good luck…

1 Like

@john_drivenupthewall The orginal skp is the same as the one I uploaded in the drive. I already checked the original in my computer, and I never modified it.

@TIG THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR ALL YOUR HELP AND SUGGESTIONS. I guess that I have to accept that the file is empty and I could not fix it. I just hope that my professor reconsider and see the file because I really worked hard to finish it.

Maybe when I uploaded it to Drive, it corrupted it somehow

@slbaumgartner Thank you, at least I have the image to prove that my file was okay when I saved it.

@KristineRayco
Here is your extracted thumbnail from the GoogleDrive copy…

so does it show the building?

@john_drivenupthewall No, it doesn’t show and I guess it never will because the file was corrupted, or at least that’s what we think had happened.

do you have an Autosave or Backup version of the file?

@KristineRayco

The file you shared with us on Google Drive is indeed empty.
That is, except for the 51 miscellaneous component definitions in the file.
Like @slbaumgartner says, there’s no real evidence that points to how this happened.

Have you done a thorough search of your files?
Look for the backup file … same file name with an SKB extension.

I’m sure you got around this but I had the same problem yesterday which was resolved when I clicked on the Zoom Extents button - everything re-appeared