Educational license

I’m a teacher with an account G suite. When I register Sketchup with my educational account it don’t start. How can I launch Sketchup in my browser? thank you.

The same for me.
I wanted to try the online Sketchup tool with my students (De Zon, Ingelmunster, Belgium - U12, special education). I tried to login with my Office 365-account, related to my school.
I received the message an administrator approval was required. Since I am the IT-manager of the school, I tried to login with my adress, but everytime I return to the same warning message. I seem to have fallen into a loop.

What can I do to get logged in into Sketchup for schools with my students please?

Thanks in advance!

@CaseyG should be able to help you.

Sorry I missed this post. I am happy to assist you @mic.matri. Can you let me know the exact error you are getting? It could be one of several issues so knowing that would be extremely helpful.

The same goes for you @cl_dav. Knowing what you are seeing is the first step to getting a fix put together for you.

If I were to venture a guess as to what you are seeing, I am guessing that it is a permission issue and that the app may need to be re-deployed via a super admin as this is the problem we see in most cases but that is just speculation on my part. Until I can see the exact error, I won’t know.

Hi @CaseyG ,

thank you for following up on this case.
I attached pictures of the steps I am taking.
I’m registering myself in step 1.
Step 2 requires the administrator of our Office 365 environment to grant access. That’s me, so in step 3 I re-enter my name and password.
After which I return to the window from step 2 again.
So I end up in a loop.

Is this clear to you that way?

Thanks for the screenshots @cl_dav! I’ll ping a few people on the SketchUp for Schools team and see if I can find a solution for you.

Generally, errors like this can be caused by a number of things ranging from an overzealous popup blocker, or a bad file in the cache or an invalid cookie, but I am not 100% sure what the issue is yet. Hopefully we can get you up and running soon!