Edit groups

How do i erase a line in a group without erasing everything.

As the title you chose ‘Edit group’ says, you must edit the group and delete the edge.

I did that but everytime I click on the one line that I want to remove all the lines in that group light up and I end up deleting all of them.

Share the .skp file so we can see what you are working with. My guess is you’ve double wrapped the geometry and have opened the top level group but not the one that actually contains the geometry.

1 Like

how do i share a .skp file?

Drag the SketchUp file into a reply here. If it’s too large to upload directly (greated than about 16 Mb) upload it to a file sharing service like DropBox and share the link.

dave hall.skp (115.3 KB)

im also trying to print this but the measurements aren’t showing up on the print

It’s worse than I thought. You have a group in a group in a group in a group in a group. If you want to edge the geometry you’ll have to open all of those group levels.

Why so many group levels? There’s no need for that.

Are you trying to print directly from SketchUp? Why aren’t you using LayOut to add dimensions and create the documentation for printing? You’d get better results.

Here’s a simple PDF exported from LayOut using your model. If it were my project I would have done all the dimensions in LayOut, not in SketchUp.
Dave Hall.pdf (16.2 KB)

i was trying to group everything seperately such as exterior walls seperate from interior walls and so on. yes i was trying to use the printer directly from sketchup just because im not familiar with layout yet. this all new to me.

It’s OK to group interior walls and exterior walls separately but your process is wrong. You have loose geometry collected together with groups. This creates several issues. The most immediate one related to your initial problem is that you have to drill down through the groups until you get to the one that contains the geometry you want to edit.

It would be worth your time to go through the instructional materials at learn.sketchup.com

Thank you very much i do appreciate the help have a good night.

1 Like