Dynamic Component Problemshooting

I think it would be good to have a thread specifically for non-specific problems.

The reason I bring it up is because I’m trying to make French doors, wherein if you scale the frame to certain intervals, the French door within will replicate. If you don’t expand it wide enough (each door is 775 wide) it will snap back to the nearest complete door. Does this make sense?

Basically I have a “frame” which wraps around the French doors, I have two “posts” either end, and sandwiched within is a single French door, 77.5 x 177.5 x 5.

Does anyone know of a good tutorial? The Sketchup’s own is not very detailed and I followed one on Sketchucation but I tried it and upon inserting “=” infront of a value to lock it down, the below happened.

Can someone explain why this is?

Okay that was quick. Figured out that if I actually type =“185” then it works.

Edit 2: I’ve managed it :smiley: Problem below remains, though, but hasn’t negatively impacted my replicating French doors. I take it back re: the Sketchucation, it did work, with a little manipulation!

Secondly, the French door itself has the LenZ measurement where the LenY should be, and the LenY where the LenZ should be. How can I reset this?

Many thanks

Hey I see your problem is allready solved,
but if you want to place doors more easily, you could check out the extension RubyWindow. (3D windows, doors and frames)
I have mentioned it before at other topics, but I just love how easily it works and how time saving it is.

I would say, check www.rubysoft.eu to get an impression or search for it at the extension warehouse. :slight_smile: