DXF import not available (Mac - SketchUp 2019)

It seems that I’m no longer able to import dxf or dwg file in SketchUp Pro 2019. Those file types are not listed as available file types to import regardless of whether the new feature of “all supported types” is selected or not. Has anyone else experienced this?

That’s very strange. Could you try re-installing SU2019?

there were reports of oddities when installing with another SU version open…

and also when run directly from the .dmg…

john

Completely uninstalling and reinstalling the program seemed to work.

I know you’ve already resolved, but thought I’d mentioned that I have version 19.2.222 64-bit Pro and can import dwg/dxf’s.

It was just a Mac edition install error apparently.
We all know that Pro is supposed (as it always has) to allow DXF import.

If features are removed they are usually mentioned so in the application release notes.
Also below the file import / export list in the user guide mentions any filetype removals (ie, see EPIX file type removal.)

1 Like

Very glad you got to the root of the issue.

1 Like

Also, as a backup plan should anyone else run into this… sometimes just repairing .NET will fix weird issues like this if you’re using a Windows system. Here’s how to do it with Windows 10, and 8:

1. On your keyboard, press Windows + R to open the Run window.
  2. Type Control Panel , then select OK .
  3. Select Uninstall a Program , then Turn Windows features on or off .
  4. Verify that .NET Framework 4.5 or later ( 4.7 ) is enabled.
  • If the box for .NET Framework 4.5 or later is not enabled (not filled in), select the box to enable it. Select OK , then reboot the computer.
  • If .NET Framework 4.5 or later is already enabled, repair .NET Framework by clearing the box and rebooting the computer. After the reboot, re-enable .NET Framework and reboot the computer again.
  1. Verify that .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 is enabled.
  • If the box for .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 is not enabled (not filled in), select the box to enable it. Select OK , then reboot the computer.
  • If .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 is already enabled, repair .NET framework by clearing the box and rebooting the computer. After the reboot, re-enable .NET framework and reboot the computer again.
1 Like

Hi @bikerchris

A quick one. I’ve only just upgraded and I have Version 19.2.221. Is there a newer version available?

Mike

That is the most recent Mac release.

1 Like

Hi Mike, I seem to have version 222, but id have to check when i get to the office. :+1:

For some time now the Windows build has been one value higher than Mac, for the same release.

1 Like

Hi again Mike, I checked and it is 222 that I have, peculiar that Mac is 1 ver behind?06

It’s not a version behind. The number helps to identify the build. Mac or Win.

3 Likes

Actually, the windows version is always one behind
image http://sportservice-uitleen.nl/schagen/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/ea3c0fb5a13451e529874bcc41c75586/e/r/ereschavot1.jpg

1 Like

I hadn’t thought of it being that. I could ask someone who would know. It seems unlikely that the builds are always done Mac then Windows, with the number increasing each time. My thought was that it’s the 221st build for Mac, and 22nd build for Windows, and that at some point there was a build that only addressed a Windows specific issue.

I’ll ask around the office.

In the end, the reason for the different numbers is of no great importance. The release notes always state the most recent versions for Windows and Mac.

This topic was automatically closed after 186 days. New replies are no longer allowed.